Thursday, April 21, 2011

Creative storming

As you can imagine I have yet to really follow through with my goals. In between frustration and depression, I'm not sure which is worse, I am failing as a mother and I'm failing myself. Oh well. On to bigger and better right? I hope so. I did manage to get up, shower, & dress before my kids even blinked. I'm hoping that is a plus. Today it is for sure. While I'm in a happy mood and not so engrossed in my facebook games that I ignore everything around, I checked all my mail. Did some reply's and follow ups. I was reading up on facebook (I almost stumbled into the games but managed to hold out at least against all but 1 game) and I decided to look up Deb's blogspot. I haven't been on her blog for a while. I then decided to follow her on my blog. Since you have to be logged in to follow I noticed some interesting pictures on the ones I'm already following. I tagged Deb's page and starting catching up on the other pages. I had been to "The Shabby Nest" once before and decided, as the link was in the post I was reading, to follow it. Brain Storm Charge!

I now have some cool idea's. Problem is that I rarely finish anything I start. Now I am rip roaring ready to sew but the things I want to work on I don't have scrap material for. I also checked out some other blogs of craft nuts. I've decided that as soon as I get a job I'm going to be hitting the scrap bundles you can get cheap at Walmart and Joanne's. My goal is to have 4th of July decorations that I've made. So now I have to figure out what all I'm going to make so that my livingroom will be transformed for this wonderful holiday.

I have an idea for a star garland. Made from cloth and ribbon. Not sure how it will turn out but I thought it would be great to make a garland to put along my window valance to cover up the hideous bar. I'm not allowed to make holes in the walls to put curtain rods up and the bar is where the blinds are attached. So, I was thinking of taking some cardstock printing some 3" stars on it, cut them out, glue to 4th of Julyish material and cut the material wider then the star and make them shag edged. Not sure how to do the shag edge but I will find out. I will find some ribbon that I can glue the stars to and maybe get some leaf garland from the dollar store to wrap it around and then use some large paper clips to hook the garland to the bar.

Another idea I had is to take the family tradition T-shirst my family gets every year and use them for material on some of my projects. I was thinking of making my shirts into T-shirt bags where you sew the bottom closed, remove the sleeves and add a drawstring. I'd use them to carry our extra accessory items to picnic's or game equipment or maybe even do a little extra work to it to make a purse out of it. Then maybe use the kid's shirts to make throw pillow's or a wreath out of. Just a few thoughts.

Now if I can follow through on this I will have 2 months to get at least 1 of these things figure out. But on this excited note I have to bump a bucket of water over my head, calm down and go work on my coupon book. Not as exciting but I do have a few idea's of what to do for my binder. Nothing fancy but its gotta work and be serviceable.

No comments:

Post a Comment